Getting into shape isn’t as easy as many people make it sound. You’ll hear this from anyone who has ever tried to lose weight quickly. There’s no easy paths to getting healthy, just hard work and persistence.
The key to maximizing your workout is to be smart about the type of workout you choose. For example, instead of doing 10 repetitions of a heavier weight, it’s best to do 20 reps of a slightly lighter weight to maximize your total workload.
Tips for losing weight and getting in better shape:
- Eat slow-digesting carbs before workouts. This will provide your body sufficient amount of energy throughout the duration of your time at the gym
- Avoid high-fat meals for up to four hours before workouts. Eating high fat content foods before working out decreases blood flow to muscles, preventing you from maintaining stamina during your workout.
- Vary the speed of your repetitions. This is a good way to maximize the strength and stamina of your muscles.
- Create a dedicated playlist for your workout. Listening to music has been proven to help you complete on average 1-2 more reps per set.
- Don’t train too heavy for too long. This will increase the chances of you getting hurt. Make sure you slowly build-up to heavier weights.
- Save cardio for after your weight workout. This will prevent you from losing muscle mass.
- Set attainable goals for yourself and stick to them.
- Find a way to make your workout fun.
Following all of these tips will help you keep up consistent workouts and hopefully achieve your fitness goals in 2016! And remember, make sure you take a quick soak in a hot tub so that your muscles are giving a chance to fully recover.
For more information, check out these workout routines.