A few weeks back, a study from Loughborough University went viral, with headlines across every major publication declaring a big breakthrough in weight management. Using a sample of men, the University discovered that soaking in hot water for 60 minutes had the same calorie burn as a half hour run. Even more surprising, the hot water soaks contributed to as much as a 10% higher decrease in blood sugar than high endurance cardio training.
So what does it all mean? Can we forget exercise all together?
The real takeaway from these findings shouldn’t be to diminish the impact of regular exercising, but instead to focus on the real impacts hot tubs can create in helping you live your healthiest, fullest lives.
By combining successful weight loss ingredients, including healthy eating and regular work-outs, with regular hot tub soaks, you can amplify your results and improve your chances of sustaining an overall healthy outlook.
Here’s A Few Of The Ways Hot Tubs Help You Lose Weight
- Speeds up your post-exercise recovery time, by providing muscle relaxation, and improving circulation and lowering blood pressure.
- Soothes joints and increases your ability to move freely (helping you avoid chronic injuries that can keep you off your feet).
- Promotes an alert and clear mind to help you stay focused on your weight loss goals.
- Reduces mental stress and alleviates the risks of insomnia.
- Has been proven to help you fight against conditions including diabetes and arthritis that can keep you from attaining a manageable, healthy weight.
Beyond weight loss, a hot tub, through the stimulation of blood vessels, can help tone body tissue and reduce fluid retention and swelling. The combined benefits of this has been shown to help diminish the appearance of cellulite.
So the next time you think about having a soak in a hot tub, remember it’s doing more than just making you feel good – it can actually help you look even better!
Now it’s time to find The Perfect Beachcomber For You!