Experiencing soreness, discomfort and stiffness after running is unavoidable. However, there are ways to help manage the pain and decrease the amount of time you need to recover. Hot water immersion is a method of healing that has been used for thousands of years because it has unmatched regenerative qualities.
Benefits of soaking in a hot tub after exercise:
- Soothes your aching muscles and loosens them, which speeds up recovery. This also helps with range of motion and muscle strength.
- The pressure exerted on the body by water immersion reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Helps with joint pain. It reduces the stiffness of the joint, allowing you to perform therapy with less pain and more resistance. This type of therapy can lead to faster and sometime longer-lasting rehabilitation.
- Helps decrease the levels of lactic acid in the muscles you have used while exercising. Lowering lactic acid levels will promote further recovery.
- The massage jetting in your Beachcomber Hot Tub helps work out the muscles and prevents further stiffness.
Along with all of the benefits of soaking in your tub after exercising, you also experience that amazing refreshed feeling that comes with emerging from a hot tub bath or sauna. For best results, combine hot water immersion with light stretching and hydration.
Find out more of the health benefits a hot tub offers and how easy and affordable owning one can be in our FREE Buyer’s Guide: