After a soak, wet feet and wobbly legs can make it difficult to exit your hot tub safely. Considering that most accidents during hot tub use can happen while entering/exiting the tub, the importance of a handrail for safety can’t be overemphasized. Make sure you install a sturdy handrail and non-slip steps to prevent falls.
Consider these additional tips for preventing slips and falls while hot tubbing:
- Only enter using the hot tub’s steps
- Do not climb over the hot tub edges or on filter lids
- Keep dry towels close by for hands and feet (think about installing a towel bar)
- Ensure surfaces around the parameter of your hot tub are non-skid and give thought to safety concerns before installation
- Use only plastic containers for serving drinks and snacks to guests in your hot tub, to avoid the added risk of broken glass
- Talk to children about the dangers of running and horseplay around the hot tub
Our July Flex Bundle contains the Beachcomber safety rail, valued at $259, for only $129. The safety rail is made of high grade zinc plated aluminum and features a soft blue LED light for visibility. It also swivels to provide ease of entry and exit, and sturdily locks into position.
So if you buy a Beachcomber before the end of this month, you can take advantage of the July Flex Bundle and prioritize safety for your soaking!
Still not sure if a hot tub is right for you?
Find all the answers to your burning questions inside our FREE Hot Tub Buyer's Guide