There’s nothing better than long summer days and lazing pool side (or hot tub – side), with a frosty drink in hand. Check out the recipes below for some of our favourites, and avoid dehydration between hot tub soaks this weekend!
Summer Drink Ideas from Beachcomber
2 tsp grenadine
50 ml tequila
1 tbsp triple sec
1 large orange, or 2 small ones, juiced
½ lemon, juiced
1 cocktail cherry
- Pour the grenadine into the base of a tall glass and set aside. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the tequila, triple sec and fruit juices. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Add a few ice cubes to the serving glass then carefully double strain the cocktail into it, trying not to disturb the grenadine layer too much. Add more ice if needed to fill the glass then garnish with a cherry on a stick or cocktail umbrella.
50 ml vodka
25 ml peach schnapps
100 ml cranberry juice
Dash of lime juice
Wedge of lime
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and a few drops of lime juice. Shake well then strain into a tumbler with extra ice. Garnish with a wedge of lime.
25 ml raspberry liqueur (such as Chambord)
- Put four raspberries in a mortar and crush with a pestle.
- Scoop the crushed raspberries into a champagne flute, add the raspberry liqueur, then top with chilled champagne.
1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped into small chunks
Small mint bunch, leaves picked
500 ml vodka
6 limes juiced, plus wedges to serve
200 g sugar
1-2 small melons (ie. ½ honeydew, ½ cantaloupe, and ½ watermelon)
1 L sparkling water, chilled
- Put the cucumber and half the mint in a large bowl or jug, and pour over the vodka. Cover and leave to steep for at least 24 hrs or for up to 1 week in the fridge, stirring every few days. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour the vodka, lime juice and sugar into a larger jug. Stir well.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out as many melon balls as you can. Add them to the jug and leave to steep for 30 mins-1 hr in the fridge. Top up with sparkling water and add the remaining mint leaves just before serving with extra lime wedges.
1 1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup diced pineapple, frozen
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz Coco Lopez coconut cream
1 1/2 oz white rum
1 oz dark rum
Blend the ice, frozen pineapple, juice, coconut cream, and the white and dark together, until smooth and frosty. Pour into glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.
Keep safety in mind, and consider the use of plastic cups for your beverages. The Skimmer Tray Holder keeps your drinks floating safely while in your Beachcomber.
Still not sure if a hot tub is right for you?
Find all the answers to your burning questions inside our FREE Hot Tub Buyer's Guide