Dieting is hard. It takes major discipline to completely dedicate yourself to eating and living better. It’s not something that you can easily pickup either. Making lasting changes to your diet is a slow process that can’t be done overnight.
Below are 6 great foods that you can add to your diet to help you feel better in 2016.
- Matcha Tea – This is the ground powder from dried green tea leaves. It’s renowned for slowing the progression of kidney and liver damage, as well as being chock full of antioxidants.
- Plantains – They are a great source of fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Watercress – Just like Kale, Watercress is extremely nutritious. In a 2014 study, it was found to have the highest nutrient score of any fruit or vegetable.
- Lychee – This is a very versatile fruit that can be consumed in ice cream, fruit salad or even as part of salsa. Lychee’s benefits stem from its high potassium and vitamin C content.
- Capers – When added to meat dishes, Capers decrease by-products that are associated with high cancer risks.
- Rosemary – Similar to many other herbs, Rosemary packs major nutritional benefits. It’s linked to reducing your risk of Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, macular degeneration and improving overall brain health.
Adding these foods to your 2016 diet, along with exercise and a daily 15 minute soak in your hot tub will surely make 2016 your best year yet!